‘Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential’
This is the definition of coaching given by the International Coach Federation, the professional organisation of which I am a member. It means that I, as a professional coach, make full use of your own strengths and your ability to self-determine your goals. I trust in your innate ability to recover, and the human tendency to overcome possible obstacles and live life to the full.
I will work with you on your personal and professional growth, on discovering your ambitions and desires and to the realisation of those ambitions and desires.
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult - Seneca
I work as an international coach in Dutch, English and partly in Italian.
I offer executive coaching, career coaching and life coaching.
Although the basic principles of coaching are always the same, namely using the power of the participant as a guide, different types of coaching will always be necessary given the unique nature of a situation, and of course your initial questions will always be different.
- Your work faces you with choices and decisions that you would like to analyse with an independent third party.
- You want to learn which aspects of your job you can influence, and how to go about it.
- You have to deal with ethical dilemmas that make you feel isolated on the job.
- You want to learn how to understand why you reacted in a certain way in specific work situations.
- As a senior professional, you want to gain better insight into your behaviour, attitude and work strategy.
- You want to continue to function at the highest possible professional level, and give yourself challenges that fit your expertise and experience.
- In your work, you are dealing with other cultures and like to develop the necessary competences.
- You want to keep advancing your career and develop the required strength and confidence to do so.
- You are facing a challenging choice in your professional life and you want to use this time to make a change.
- You feel that you, or one of your employees, would benefit from certain skills such as listening, communication and strategic insight.
- In your work, you are dealing with other cultures and would like to develop the necessary competences.
- You want to continue to work while maintaining your energy level.
- You have certain goals you do not want to let go of, and you wish to make them a reality. What do you need to make this happen?
- You have gone through some major changes in your life, and would like to integrate these into who you are now and going forward.
- You want to be self-aware and remain true to yourself in everything you do.
- You have lived in several countries and would like to feel more grounded.
Golden Personality Type Profiler
Prior to or during the coaching, I can conduct a Golden Personality Type Profiler. Golden Personality Type Profiler (GPTP) is a scientific personality questionnaire based on well-known personality theories; Carl Jung’s theory of “psychological types,” the fundamentals of the Trait theorists and the Big Five personality model. In addition, the Golden has a fifth major dimension; Tense versus Calm. The added value of this dimension, is that the effects of daily stress on the work floor can be examined.
The report is used to talk about the qualities and growth opportunities, and sources of motivation. There are no good or bad types; the strengths, the growth opportunities, sources of motivation, demotivating factors and communication style of all types are described.
The test can be conducted in Dutch and English.
Intercultural Readiness Check
To determine your intercultural competence, or that of your employees, I can conduct the scientific Intercultural Readiness Check. The IRC is based on four intercultural competencies that can be trained and developed: Intercultural Sensitivity, Building Commitment, Intercultural Communication and Managing Uncertainty. IRC helps you to better understand how to deal with cross-cultural interactions. What are you doing right, what do you find difficult and how can you develop the necessary cultural competence?
The IRC is suitable for intercultural training, coaching, expatriate briefings and benchmarking. IRC itself gives detailed feedback which is then further discussed with you in a personal meeting. The IRC can be conducted in many languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese.